Diameter: 32 AWG
Melting Temperature: 1500°C (2732°F),
Maximum Operating Temperature: 1400°C
Nichrome Wire is the perfect choice of wire for Hot wire Foam cutting. Much better than guitar wire E string, or steel wire, Nichrome Wire is the wire built for the purpose, ie heating. The following properties make it the ideal choice for hot wire foam cutting :
● Uniform resistance ensures uniform heating along the length of the wire
● Very little change in resistance during heating ensures easier voltage regulation, and uniform heating
● Does not oxidise as much – Makes it long lasting and does not break as much as guitar strings
● Thin – Create fine, sharp cuts .
● Low modulus of elasticity – does not stretch as much , and is helpful in creating uniform tension during the entire cutting operation
Nichrome wire is the most commonly used in heating elements model and high power rocket motor and recovery ejection charge ignition, heat sealers, poly cutters, foam cutters, resistors, rheostats, current-temperature controls, pyrotechnic ignition, lab inoculating loops, release mechanisms, ceramic support in kilns and where the highest continuous operating temperatures are required.