- SIM300 GSM module transmission.
- Comes with an onboard wire antenna for better reception.
- Can be used for Data/Fax, GSM based Voice communications, TCP/IP stack, GPRS and SMS
- SIM300 allows an adjustable serial baud rate from 1200 to 115200 bps (9600 default).
- Provides RS232 interface for connection to computers and other devices.
- Lithium Battery holder
- Can add external antenna with SMA connectors.
- Power, RING and Network LEDs for easy debugging.
GSM Modem SIM 300
This Tri-Band GSM-based SIM300 modem is designed from SIMCOM. This miniature GSM/GPRS modem can be integrated into a great number of IoT projects. It operates on frequencies 900 MHz, 1800 MHz, and 1900 MHz. This small size and easy to use as a plug-in GSM Modem. Using the AT command the baud rate is configurable from 1200-115200bps. And it is for applications handling Data, SMS, Voice & Fax. These products are widely used for GSM voice communications and TCP or IP stacks. This SIM300 is compatible with ARDUINO, RASPBERRY PI, ARM, AVR, PIC, 8051, etc. And can also be directly connected to a computer via Serial Port.
The SIM300 GSM/GPRS Module with RS232 Interface is a complete tri-band GSM/GPRS solution featuring an ultra-compact design that can be embedded in the customer applications. Moreover, this SIM300 modem built with SIM300 GSM chip and RS232 interface ensures easy connection with the computer or laptop. This achieved using the USB to the Serial connector or to the microcontroller using the RS232 to TTL converter. Meanwhile, it supports communication through RS232 with DB9 Connector, TTL Pins, and I2C Pins. The module operates at a voltage range of 7-15V AC.
The module consists of an onboard Regulated Power supply that allows you to connect a wide range of unregulated power supplies. So this modem can be used to make audio calls, SMS, Read SMS, attend the incoming calls and etc. through simple AT commands. Moreover, it is designed as a complete GSM module in an SMT type made with a very powerful single-chip. Moreover, it comes with a sim holder, external antennas and two onboard LEDs to indicate the power status.